Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hiking the Hollywood Hills!

Woke up at 4am! I wanted to go hiking with friends, so we had to get up early to get there early enough before I had to work! And you don't want to be hiking in the middle of the HOT SUNNY CALIFORNIA day! Hiking the hills in the middle of the day! I would probably die! I made plans to hike the hills with the first friends that I made in LA, the first day I moved here! We had to jump on a shuttle that picked you up on Hollywood & Vine. Have you peeps from Wisconsin heard of those streets?  I think they're on TV a lot... Before all of this a grabbed a Starbucks! If I didn't get my coffee I would've been super cranky and even more tired! I only got 4 hours of sleep because I went to bed late the night before. We were dropped off at the bottom of the hill around 7:15ish. It was so cool, the people who live in or around the hills have their own little community/town. They had some little coffee shops, mailboxes,  little places to eat breakfast. It was awesome! My mom would of loved that little community. We started our journey from the small little town. We then passed a horse ranch. You can actually ride horses up the hills! That's something I'll be doing sometime! Next time Bailey comes to visit, I'm definitely horseback riding! I was a little worried that it was going to be HARDCORE hiking! It was a pretty easy hike, and it was nice that it wasn't that hot out and it was in the morning. You can either hike to the front of the sign or go up to the back. We hiked to the front of the sign first. We took a bunch of pictures jumping in front of the sign, and of the city. We then hiked to the back of the sign. WOW. WOW. WOW. Absolutely.....amazing.....breathtaking.... Top of sights I have seen in my life! All the traveling I have done this is definitely in the top five! The view was spectacular! I wish ALL of you in Wisconsin could see how amazing this view was! I had to hike ALL the way on top of the Hollywood Hills to understand what the valley looks like! GEEZE! I now know what it looks like! I could see the whole Burbank area from above! In front of the Hollywood sign you can see the WHOLE city of Los Angeles! Wow! I'm still amazed at the view that I saw! You could see Downtown, you could see all the smog! You could see the city but it wasn't really clear because of the smog. I guess the best time to go is right after it rains. They said if you come right after the rain you can see everything. I also learned what the tower right next to the Hollywood sign is for. The tower is the signal for all of the radio stations in Los Angeles. I would always wondered what that was for, and my friends that I went hiking with told me. They had many security cameras in the area, also a fence right by the Hollywood sign so people don't try climbing the letters! In the early 1900's a woman actually jumped off the "H" and killed herself. I would love to hike those hills with friends from Wisconsin when they come and visit! After hiking we headed back to Hollywood & Vine. I had to pee so bad so I ran inside the "W" it's a hotel/bar. Very high class and elegant. The bathroom was lined with mirrors and marble. I then went to work after all of this hiking! I worked for only 4 hours. But boy was I exhausted! I mean I was up at 4am! I told everyone at work how amazing the Hollywood Hills are! Now that I know how to get there I will be going back(: After work I headed home and planned on taking a nap....my nap turned into bedtime! I fell asleep for the rest of the night! I woke up the next morning at 10 am! Looks like I really needed my sleep!

Hiking the Hollywood Hills was an experience of a lifetime! AMAZING! I'll be back!




I climbed ALL of these stairs! My calves were hurting half way up!
I would love to be able to look out my back window of my home and see the Hollywood sign! Someday! 
The Hills!
Hollywood!
Look at the Sky! WOW!
Jumping infront of the Hollywood sign! :D
Stop checking out my butt and those muscular legs of mine! :D 
The Valley!
All of these security cameras overlook the Hollywood sign.
Los Angeles.
Look at this view!
I now can cross off "Hiking the Hollywood Hills" off my bucket list!!

First two friends I met in Los Angeles the first day I moved here(: Ana & Kathy!

What an amazing day I had! Wow! If you haven't hiked these hills you have to someday! It's a MUST!







No comments:

Post a Comment